Many reasons may prompt a family to request a Therapeutic Family Reunion:
- Family members may have become estranged and unable to reconnect in a meaningful and constructive way.
- Family issues may have dominated their interactions and invariably resulted in disappointment and hurt feelings.
- Grieving together over a dramatic loss or dealing with age-old family conflicts or just wanting to enrich relationships.
A Therapeutic Family Reunion can be conducted in a variety of formats:
- One meeting for several hours, for a full day or weekend, depending on travel distances involved.
- A series of meetings over time scheduled at periodic intervals to meet to accommodate to geographic limitations.
- The number of participants can range from two-person sibling or parent-child reunions to an entire extended family.
- If not on our premises, the meetings can be convened at other locations. Our staff can help organize your Therapeutic Family Reunion plans.